This post contains affiliate links.
For this project I used Stylecraft Special DK (100% acrylic) in colours Magenta (1 x 100g), White (1 x 100g), Blush (1 x 100g) and Silver (2 x 100g). You can purchase this yarn here.
I used hook size 4mm for this project.
This quantity was enough to make a baby blanket size measuring 70cm x 82cm. So you will need to increase your quantities of yarn for a bigger blanket.
This blanket is based on the traditional granny square.
Each granny square had 4 rounds.
The pattern for making the Granny Squares can be found here. I used the version with 2 chains in each corner.
Round 1: Magenta
Round 2: White
Round 3: Blush
Round 4: Magenta
I made a total of 30 squares.
I joined the squares using the ‘join-as-you-go’ method with the silver yarn. You can find out how to do the join-as-you-go joining method here.
I worked a simple border as follows:
- Border round 1: 3tr (treble clusters) in each space between clusters in the row below with silver, working [3tr, ch2, 3tr] in each corner
- Border round 2: as for border round 1 with silver again
- Border round 3: as for border round 1 with white
- Border round 4: as for border round 1 with silver
- Border round 5: as for border round 1 with blush
- Border round 6: as for border round 1 with magenta
- Border round 7: double crochet (UK terms) in each stitch around with blush, working 3dc in each corner
My finished blanket measured 70cm x 82cm.