This post contains affiliate links.
For this project I used Stylecraft Special DK (100% acrylic) in colours Magenta (1 x 100g), White (1 x 100g), Blush (1 x 100g) and Silver (2 x 100g). You can purchase this yarn here.
I used hook size 4mm for this project.
This quantity was enough to make a baby blanket size measuring 70cm x 82cm. So you will need to increase your quantities of yarn for a bigger blanket.
This blanket is based on the traditional granny square.
Each granny square had 4 rounds.
I have described how I work granny squares elsewhere on my blog. I always flip the square over after each round and start the new colour in a different corner.
I also do not have a chain in between the treble clusters. In the corners I work 2 chains.
Round 1: Magenta
Round 2: White
Round 3: Blush
Round 4: Magenta
I made a total of 30 squares.
I joined the squares using the ‘join-as-you-go’ method with the silver yarn. You can find out how to do the join-as-you-go joining method here.
I worked a simple border as follows:
- Border round 1: granny stitch (treble clusters UK terms) with silver
- Border round 2: granny stitch (treble clusters) with silver
- Border round 3: granny stitch (treble clusters) with white
- Border round 4: granny stitch (treble clusters) with silver
- Border round 5: granny stitch (treble clusters) with blush
- Border round 6: granny stitch (treble clusters) with magenta
- Border round 7: double crochet (UK terms) with blush
My finished blanket measured 70cm x 82cm.