I have been working on something very quick and easy to make. This scarf is so satisfying to make and perfect the colder days. The stitch is Lemon Peel Stitch and uses a one row repeat, so is perfect for an easy and relaxing (and quick) project. See here for free pattern.
This page contains affiliate links.
This scarf is so easy to make. I used one ball of variegated yarn, so there was no colour changes and no ends to sew in. The pattern uses the lemon peel stitch which is super easy, suitable for beginner, and uses a 1 row repeat.
My scarf measured 155cm x 17cm (without the tassels), 175cm x 17cm (including the tassels). You can easily adjust the size according to desired width and length.
For this project I used one ball of Jewelspun 100% acrylic aran weight yarn (200g) in colour 0708 Sandstone Sunset. You can purchase this yarn here.
Hook size: according to yarn. I used a 5mm hook as recommended by the yarn.
UK terms are used throughout.
Tr treble crochet
Dc double crochet
Note: Chain 2 at the start of each row counts as the first stitch. If you find the chain 2 at the start of each row is a bit tight then adjust to a chain 3. I used a chain 2 at the start of each row as it appeared to leave less of a ‘hole’ at the ends of each row.
- ROW 1: Chain a multiple of 2. For my sample scarf I chained 26.
- Work a dc into the 4th chain from the hook.
- Work 1 tr into the next chain.
- Work 1 dc into the next chain.
- Continue along alternating between a double and a treble crochet. Finish with a dc (this last stitch is hard to find and can often be sloping downward). 24 stitches
- ROW 2: Turn, Ch 2 (counts as one treble).
- Work a dc into the next stitch.
- Work a tr into the next.
- Continue to alternate between the dc and tr ensuring that each dc is into the top of the tr from the row below and the tr is in the top of the dc below. 24 stitches
- SUBSEQUENT ROWS: repeat row 2. Make sure that you have 24 stitches at the end of each row.
- Continue for as many rows as you desire. I went for approximately 175 rows, which gave me length of 155cm
- My finished scarf measured 155cm x 17cm before I added the tassels